- Certification is the process of proving that an individual is fit for work or occupation. It is often called a certificate or credential.
- An individual is granted certification only after passing the certification or certification process (including meeting the primary education and work experience specifications of the certification or certification body and then passing the certification exam).
- It is a formal recognition by a third party that the individual has the key knowledge, skills, and basic level of understanding stipulated in the professional knowledge system, so she is suitable to practice excellence in the industry at a recognized and consistent level.
- The third-party officially recognize that certification is neither a degree nor a license and usually has a limited life span.
- Some certification bodies such as USCSI™ often call themselves certification bodies because they have researched, tested, and implemented strict certification procedures. They will award "certificate" or certificates to individuals who meet the prescribed norms through these processes.
- Yes, you are strongly recommended to do so.
- There is a difference between the certificate obtained after attending the training course and the certificate obtained after writing and passing the rigorous standardized exam of a certification body that has NOT trained you. Such examinations are considered fair and therefore more reliable.
- A certificate issued by a well-known training organization or business school globally or nationwide has good employment value because it shows that you have received high-quality training in your area, so you must have gained something.
- Therefore, employers value a certificate issued to you by an institution or institution that inspects you according to internationally recognized Cybersecurity standards.
- However, the certificate issued by an international certification body that is not the training organization itself is of the most significant value to potential employers. The certificate has been awarded after you pass the exam according to international professional standards.
- Simply, the certification proves that you can do a particular job well, or because you already have a basic level of ability; while a university degree demonstrates that you know and understand how to do the job well or thrive in the profession, so you will need to receive some special training to be fully prepared for that particular job or area.
- This is why getting a certification with university degree can improve your perceived employability because prospective employers can ensure that you can work steadily. This is why most college students in the world today undertake certification programs in their fields of interest.
- Cybersecurity is directly related to how organizations use cybersecurity tools, techniques, and methodology, which directly affects the organization's current and future security of IT infrastructure, and data, while IT/ Computer Science/ Software Programming covers all aspects of information technology and computing.
- Therefore, your IT/computer science/software programming professional degree or diploma or certificate is just a pointer to your general understanding of computer science/software programming and the essential tools and techniques used in managing IT/computer science/software programming. However, for certain aspects, essential in IT/computer science/software programming, you do not have any expertise or specific other skills.
- In short, the Cybersecurity certificate proves that you have a good understanding of Cybersecurity, Cryptography, Security Architecture, and Machine Learning to effectively handle traditional IT/computer science/software programming positions in today's organizations; and your IT/computer science.
Note: Minor name changes (adding a middle abbreviation or misspelling of the name) do not require documentation.
Certification and Eligibility Requirements
- Please visit USCSI website at www.uscsinstitute.org.
- Go through the Certified Cybersecurity General Practitioner (CCGP™) or Certified Cybersecurity Consultant (CCC™) or Certified Senior Cybersecurity Specialist (CSCS™) eligibility norms to understand which certification is good for you.
- Click APPLY NOW for the selected certification.
- Complete the application form with your details such as name, Email ID, and other information with successful certification fee payments to get your myControlPanel dashboard.
- You will get your eBooks, eLearning (self-paced video-based learning), practice code through your myControlPanel dashboard.
- You can schedule your exam after 25 days of the date you paid the fee for your chosen certification. Within these 25 days, you can go through the study material and practice the lab. We encourage you to schedule you exam now for future date so that you will get your desired date and time.
- You will also get the practice questions tab to validate your knowledge on myControlPanel.
- You can choose any exam date starting from the 25th and ending on 175th day from the date of your certification payment.
- Once you successfully schedule your exam, you will receive a confirmation email with the required information, which may be used for the exam, and log in to your dashboard.
|No. of Questions||50||60||70|
- Logout from your certification profile.
- Clear cookies and temporary Internet files in the web browser.
- Log in again and try again.
*Please note that your online exam will be recorded (screen and examinee's video) to verify your exam later also. USCSI™ has the right to cancel your certificate if something not legitimate will be found.
- Cause any interference during the exam.
- Offer or get help from anyone.
- Use digital assistants, notes, books, watch calculators, electronic dictionaries, or other auxiliary equipment/equipment. Please note that this is not an open book exam.
- Use electronic devices, such as mobile phones.
- Try to remove any type of scraping paper during the inspection.
- Attempting to mess up the computer.
- Attempt to relocate from the assigned computer/system during the inspection.
- Try to remove question(s) during the exam.
- Failure to follow instructions given by the test manager (or invigilator or remote proctor).
- Share exam content with others.
Note : Please note that USCSI™ will take legal action against anyone who violates copyright laws (such as copying and distributing exam content or materials). The question database, exam forms, and all exam-related materials are copyrighted and are the legal property of USCSI™. Any oral, written, or electronic communication is strictly prohibited. Any such behavior will be punished by law.
If any candidate is found to have committed any of the above forms of misconduct, his exam will not be evaluated, and his fee will not be refunded. Also, there will be six months to retake the exam. In addition, USCSI™ will review misconduct, which may lead to:
- Cancellation of the candidate's previous or current test scores
- Revocation of test taker's certificate
- Driver's license
- State/Country ID
- Employee/School ID
- Military ID
- Any primary ID
- Social Security Card
- Operating System :- Windows 10 Windows 8.1 or 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) or IoS.
- Display (Resolution) :- 1024 x 768 [Recommended]
- Network Connection :- Wired Network [Strongly recommended for better Exam Delivery Performance].
- Internet Connection Speed :- Minimum 1 Mbps
- Web Browser(s) :- Latest Version of Google Chrome Only.
- Webcam :- Internal or an External Webcam must be connected to the computer and working.
- Firewall(s) :- Corporate Firewalls (including VPNs) often cause this Exam Delivery method to fail. Please take the Exam without Firewalls.
- Re-certification can help you stay relevant in the field.
- It can help you understand all industry updates.
- You will get the opportunity to connect with Cybersecurity professionals from all over the world and share best practices, proven methodologies, etc., with them.
Upgrade Your Certification
B. Upgrade: Upgrade is the process of replacing existing certificates with better, improved, and more relevant certificates.
Payments, Refunds and Discounts
Note: Company-sponsored applicants can pay online or contact USCSI for electronic checks or wire transfers by writing to email@example.com.
Yes! Payments can be made in three-part installments.
- The total program fee is divided into three (3) part installments.
- The first payment must be paid during your registration for the chosen program, which is 50% of the program fee.
- The next installment, that is, 25% of the program fee must be paid within 30 days of registration.
- The last installment of 25% must be paid within 60 days of your registration.
- This is an INTEREST-FREE installment mode if all installments are paid within the time.
- In case of non-payment, your access to Resource Center and myControlPanel will be disabled and an additional US $30 will be charged on every installment that gets missed.
- No voucher code will be applicable for this payment option except the SuperEd discount.
The below table is an example of payment terms considering the program fee as US $600:
|1st Installment (50%) – to be made during the purchase||US $300|
|2nd Installment (25%) – to be made within 30 days||US $150|
|3rd Installment (25%) – to be made within 60 days||US $150|
If you miss your payment:
|If you pay your 2nd Installment after 30 days||US $150 + US $30 (additional fee) = US $180|
|If you pay your 3rd Installment after 60 days||US $150 + US $30 (additional fee) = US $180|
Please visit Turbo-Cert section to know more.
- Digital badges can be posted in multiple places or embedded in virtual media, such as LinkedIn, email signatures, or other social media materials.
- After sharing the digital badge, you can click to display data that can verify your achievements.
- Employers, licensing boards, and colleagues can review/validate digital badges.
- You or an immediate family member* is suffering from a serious illness.
- Death of an immediate family members.
- You are summoned by the court.
*Immediate family members means Spouse, Children, Siblings, Parents, and Grandparents.
If you miss the exam due to any of the above reasons, you must contact USCSI at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide the incident number to send the necessary documents required by USCSI. After submitting the required documents, the request will be thoroughly reviewed, and the candidate review committee will make a corresponding decision. You will be informed more about the results of the request. Please inform us of the documents accepted for urgent reasons:
- If you are sick/accidental, please provide a doctor's letter on letterhead, including title, address, and phone number.
- In case of unfortunate death, please submit a notification or death certificate from the hospital or government agency.
**Please note that the certification fee is not refundable. However, if the case is not listed in our no-show policy, an additional fee of USD 149 will be required to reapply.